- 1 How do you set a recording on Night Owl DVR?
- 2 How do I get sound on my night owl camera?
- 3 Why are my night owl cameras not recording?
- 4 Can you view Night Owl cameras on computer?
- 5 Can’t connect to Night Owl DVR remotely?
- 6 Why is my night owl not connecting to my phone?
- 7 Can Night Owl cameras connect to WIFI?
- 8 Where is the QR code on Night Owl camera?
- 9 Can security cameras pick up sound?
- 10 Do all night owl cameras have audio?
- 11 How do I get sound on my CCTV?
How do you set a recording on Night Owl DVR?
Step 1: Select [ Record icon], from then click on the [REC Para] tab to enter the recording parameter settings. Your Night Owl system lets you record video in a variety of ways choosing individual channels/cameras, specific times, as well as continuous recording or motion activated.
How do I get sound on my night owl camera?
You would need to attach the microphone to your camera and then connect the white RCA connector to an Audio Input port on the rear of your DVR. Thank you for choosing Night Owl and have a Great Day!
Why are my night owl cameras not recording?
Ensure the HDMI cable is connected from the recorder to your TV/Monitor. Ensure you are tuned to the right HDMI input if your TV/Monitor has more than one. Try replacing the HDMI cable, to see if you have a faulty cable. Try connecting the recorder to another HDMI input or a 2nd TV/Monitor.
Can you view Night Owl cameras on computer?
You can view your system using the Night Owl HD CMS Software on a PC /Mac® or by downloading the Night Owl HD app on your Smart Device.
Can’t connect to Night Owl DVR remotely?
Restart the device and App. Power your mobile device off. Turn the device back on and open the Night Owl Application compatible with your system and check if the issue still happens. For XHD Series DVR: Maintain Tab will appear by default.
Why is my night owl not connecting to my phone?
Make sure your recorder and your Smart Device are both properly connected to the Internet. NOTE: Please make sure your Smart Device is connected to the same local network (router) as the recorder. Your Smart Device must have the latest version of the Night Owl HD App downloaded from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Can Night Owl cameras connect to WIFI?
No, this is a wired security system. While the cameras are digital IP cameras, they must be connected to the NVR via the included PoE cabling. Further, the NVR will need to be manually connected to your Modem/Router via the included Ethernet cable for remote viewing purposes. Thanks for choosing Night Owl.
Where is the QR code on Night Owl camera?
This QR Code can be located on the top or bottom of your DVR / NVR depending on which model you own. In addition, it can be found in the info section of your systems interface. Hold your smart device directly in front of your systems QR Code to allow the camera to capture the information.
Can security cameras pick up sound?
If you ask: can security cameras record audio? The answer is definitely YES in terms of the camera technology. In virtue of the built-in microphones that are sensitive enough to pick up the sound within the monitoring zones, the IP cameras are capable to record both audio and videos.
Do all night owl cameras have audio?
No Audio! These Night Owl cameras are not audio ready, however, you may purchase our Night Owl Microphone and connect it to one of your cameras so you may record audio.
How do I get sound on my CCTV?
- Plug Red Power from Microphone into Male Power on Cable.
- Plug White Audio Plug from Mic into Male Audio on Cable.
- Plug Female Power on DVR side of cable into Power Adapter.
- Plug Power Adapter into Power Source.
- Plug Male Audio on cable into Audio Input (Or Audio In) on DVR.