- 1 Can dome cameras be mounted vertically?
- 2 How do I reset my dome camera speed?
- 3 How far can Dome security cameras see?
- 4 What’s better dome or bullet cameras?
- 5 How do I change my Hikvision camera settings?
- 6 How do you reset a PTZ?
- 7 How do I reset my IP camera without reset button?
- 8 How do I reset my camera remotely?
- 9 How is FOV calculated in CCTV?
- 10 What is the best position for CCTV camera?
- 11 What is a 90 degree viewing angle?
Can dome cameras be mounted vertically?
Most QUALITY domes allow for the internal camera to be Panned, Tilted, or the inside rotated so that vertical wall mounting is possible even without software image adjustment/flipping.
How do I reset my dome camera speed?
The way is to press “Move Right” button three times until the “ RESET NOW!!” message displayed on the OSD. Then it will reset all the camera parameters of SETUP MENU to the factory default. Usually we do not disclose it to avoid user lost their settings accidentally.
How far can Dome security cameras see?
A home security camera usually can see in a range between 0 to 70 feet depending on the resolution, sensor and lens it’s using. However, there are also professional cameras such as high-resolution PTZs that can see further away, with a distance that varies from 0 to 700 feet.
What’s better dome or bullet cameras?
While bullet cameras are known for a longer range, dome cameras have the ability to offer a wider view angle. Both cameras will operate well in any location, however, the bullet camera will work better for a long-range video while the dome camera will work better for shorter distances but a wide-angle.
How do I change my Hikvision camera settings?
Steps to alter Video settings include –
- Configuration >> Basic Configuration >> Video/Audio.
- Go to Video settings >> Modify Resolution, Stream Type, Video Type, Bitrate Type, Frame Rate, Profile, Max Bitrate, Video Encoding and Video Quality to required settings.
How do you reset a PTZ?
Reset —Press and release the reset button. Wait for the PTZ IP camera to reboot. Restore —Press and hold the reset button for about 30 seconds. All settings are restored to the factory defaults.
All you need to do is hold down the power button for about 12 seconds when the power is off, and wait for it to reboot before releasing the power button.
How do I reset my camera remotely?
Remote reboot Axis IP camera
- In Windows open the Command Prompt.
- At the command prompt type in (without quotes) “FTP
- You should be now asked to enter a username.
- Once you are logged into the camera type in this command press enter and re-type the command again and press enter again.
How is FOV calculated in CCTV?
A simplified calculation for 1/4-inch CCTV lens can be made using the following formula:
- W (horizontal width) = (distance) * 3.2 mm / (Lens Focal Length)
- HorizontalAngle= 2 * arctan(SensorSize/(FocalLenght * 2))
- Watch Video Tutorial.
What is the best position for CCTV camera?
Best Places to Install Home Security Cameras
- Exterior: Front Door. You might assume that intruders always sneak into side entrances, but statistics show that 34% of burglars use the front door.
- Exterior: Back & Side Doors.
- Exterior: Garage & Driveway.
- Exterior: Yard.
- Interior: Common Areas.
- Interior: Main Stairway or Hallway.
What is a 90 degree viewing angle?
The 90 ° field of view captures all of the objects but in lesser detail. As you can see in the example images above, the camera with 90 ° field of view captures all 3 objects in the scene, though each object takes up a small part of the camera image.