- 1 How do I add a camera to my network?
- 2 How do I view CCTV on my local network?
- 3 How do I connect my DVR to my local network?
- 4 How do I find my IP camera on my network?
- 5 Should IP cameras be on a separate network?
- 6 How can I see my CCTV on mobile?
- 7 How can I access my CCTV on mobile?
- 8 Why can’t I see my CCTV on my phone?
- 9 How do I connect my CCTV to my wireless router?
- 10 Can CCTV work without Internet?
- 11 Why is my DVR not connected to network?
- 12 Can I access my DVR remotely?
- 13 Can I connect a DVR to my computer?
How do I add a camera to my network?
Plug an Ethernet cable (a.k.a. Cat 5 cable) into the Ethernet socket of the network camera, then plug the other end to the router (a.k.a. gateway or access point). If this network camera does not have Wi-Fi, this may be the only step needed for the network configuration. Find the IP address of the network camera.
How do I view CCTV on my local network?
How to view your IP camera remotely via a web browser
- Find your camera’s IP address.
- Open a web browser and type the IP address.
- Go to SETTING > BASIC > Network > Information to find the HTTP port number used by the camera.
- After you change the port, you will need to reboot the camera in order to save the changes.
How do I connect my DVR to my local network?
Connect Your DVR to Your LAN | Basic Network Connection
- Go to the COMMAND PROMPT.
- Figure 3 shows a computer screen with the command prompt, and the PROGRAM FILES folder is open.
- Write down the IP numbers shown under IP ADDRESS (192.168.
- Now get the IP Address of the security DVR.
How do I find my IP camera on my network?
This is the easiest way to find the security camera IP address. The easiest way to find the security camera IP address is to check the Network page on the CCTV camera software (mobile app or PC client). The network page will display all the IP address information of your camera.
Should IP cameras be on a separate network?
Pro: With a Separate Network, Hackers Have Greater Difficulty Accessing Sensitive Data. Because they are in an outdoor location, cameras could be more vulnerable to hacking. Keeping the devices on a separate network, however, eliminates reasons for the hacker to access the surveillance network.
How can I see my CCTV on mobile?
Install the app Pegaso or Pegaso Plus Download and install the phone /tablet application Pegaso or Pegaso Plus. This can be found by searching Pegaso in either the App Store for iOS or Google Play store for Android. You can also click on the pictures below to take you to the App Store or Google Play link.
How can I access my CCTV on mobile?
HOW TO CONNECT CCTV TO ANDROID OR IPhone?
- Step 1: CONNECT DVR TO MONITOR DIRECTLY.
- Step 2: CONFIGURE CCTV DVR SETTINGS.
- Step 3: NOW CONFIGURE WIFI ROUTER FOR DVR.
- Step 4: CONNECT DVR TO WIFI VIA LAN CABLE.
- Step 5: CHECK THE SETTINGS.
- Step 6: NOW CONNECT TO ANDROID PHONE.
Why can’t I see my CCTV on my phone?
If you are unable to view your CCTV on your mobile device, the problem will be related to your Internet Router (WiFi) not sending an internet connection to your CCTV Recorder ( DVR / NVR). There could be several reasons why this exists, so please identify the app you are using from the list below first.
How do I connect my CCTV to my wireless router?
How to use Wireless Security Cameras with a WiFi Router
- Step 1: Determine the WiFi strength of your wireless network.
- Step 2: Power and Configure the Wireless Security Camera for your Network.
- Step 3: Access the IP Camera’s Web Interface.
- Step 4: Configuring the WiFi Address.
- Step 5: Connect to Your Wireless Router.
Can CCTV work without Internet?
Yes, they can! You can operate CCTV cameras without the internet, and what’s great is that they can even work without electricity. An internet connection is only required when the footage needs to be accessed remotely.
Why is my DVR not connected to network?
In the DVR / NVR Network menu, ensure your system is set to DHCP instead of Static. Restore the Network settings to default in the Network menu in your DVR / NVR. Ensure your subnet mask is not set to 0. If you are using a network switch, eliminate the connection and try a direct connection to your router.
Can I access my DVR remotely?
DVRs/NVRs that have a built-in network capability can be accessed over the internet remotely or outside your home network on a computer, desktop video surveillance software, phone apps or web browsers.
Can I connect a DVR to my computer?
Connecting a Digital Video Recorder to a computer requires a cable equipped with HDMI (High Definition Media Interface) cables on both ends, or an HDMI connector on one end and RCA-type audio/video jacks or a USB connector on the other end, depending on the available connection pots on the DVR.