- 1 How do I connect my CCTV to the Internet?
- 2 How do I connect my CCTV DVR to my modem?
- 3 How do I find the IP address of my CCTV?
- 4 Why won’t my CCTV connect to the Internet?
- 5 How can I connect my CCTV camera to my desktop?
- 6 Can CCTV work without Internet?
- 7 How can I connect CCTV camera without DVR?
- 8 How can I access my DVR remotely?
- 9 How can I connect my CCTV camera to my phone?
- 10 How do I access my IP camera remotely?
- 11 How do I locate my IP address?
- 12 How do I set my DVR IP address?
- 13 How can I fix my CCTV camera without video?
- 14 Why can’t I view my CCTV on 4G?
- 15 How can I solve my CCTV problem?
How do I connect my CCTV to the Internet?
Connect Your CCTV Device to the Internet (DVR or NVR)
- Step 1: Securing Your Device and Establishing Internet Connection.
- Step 2: Indirect Connection (Mobile APP)
- Step 3: Indirect Connection – PC Browser.
- Step 4: Direct Connection – Setup.
- Step 5: Direct Connection – Mobile APP.
- Step 6: Direct Connection – PC Browser.
How do I connect my CCTV DVR to my modem?
Modems DO NOT have a Firewall, so in a setup where you connect a DVR straight to a modem, you will want to make sure you change your password in order to remain secure. A router has a WAN port and also a LAN (Local Area Network) port. The Internet connection coming from the modem connects to the router’s WAN port.
How do I find the IP address of my CCTV?
The easiest way to find the security camera IP address is to check the Network page on the CCTV camera software (mobile app or PC client). The network page will display all the IP address information of your camera.
Why won’t my CCTV connect to the Internet?
In the DVR / NVR Network menu, ensure your system is set to DHCP instead of Static. Restore the Network settings to default in the Network menu in your DVR / NVR. Ensure your subnet mask is not set to 0. If you are using a network switch, eliminate the connection and try a direct connection to your router.
How can I connect my CCTV camera to my desktop?
How to Connect a CCTV Camera to a Computer
- Position your camera.
- Determine the method of mounting the camera.
- Plug the supplied receiver into the wall adjacent to the computer.
- Install the software on your computer.
- Plug the camera into the camera’s power supply and the power supply into the nearest outlet.
Can CCTV work without Internet?
Yes, they can! You can operate CCTV cameras without the internet, and what’s great is that they can even work without electricity. An internet connection is only required when the footage needs to be accessed remotely.
How can I connect CCTV camera without DVR?
Check out the steps below to learn how to connect analog CCTV cameras to a TV or monitor without DVRs. Step 1: Connect your camera to the VCR with an RCA cable. Step 2: Plug your camera into the power source with the power adapter. Step 3: Hook up the VCR to your TV via another RCA cable.
How can I access my DVR remotely?
Please follow these setup instructions to setup remote Internet access for the dual codec JPEG DVR:
- Assign your DVR an IP Address.
- Connect to your DVR on your LAN – Local Area Network.
- Setting up Port Forwarding on your Router.
- Setting up a Static DHCP IP address for your DVR.
- Remote Internet Setup.
How can I connect my CCTV camera to my phone?
HOW TO CONNECT CCTV TO ANDROID OR IPhone?
- Step 1: CONNECT DVR TO MONITOR DIRECTLY.
- Step 2: CONFIGURE CCTV DVR SETTINGS.
- Step 3: NOW CONFIGURE WIFI ROUTER FOR DVR.
- Step 4: CONNECT DVR TO WIFI VIA LAN CABLE.
- Step 5: CHECK THE SETTINGS.
- Step 6: NOW CONNECT TO ANDROID PHONE.
How do I access my IP camera remotely?
How to view your IP camera remotely via a web browser
- Find your camera’s IP address.
- Open a web browser and type the IP address.
- Go to SETTING > BASIC > Network > Information to find the HTTP port number used by the camera.
- After you change the port, you will need to reboot the camera in order to save the changes.
How do I locate my IP address?
Open the Windows Start menu and right-click “Network.” Click “Properties.” Click “ View Status” to the right of “Wireless Network Connection,” or ”Local Area Connection” for wired connections. Click “Details” and look for the IP address in the new window.
How do I set my DVR IP address?
To enter a fixed IP into the router:
- Under the main menu, click on LAN & DHCP Server.
- Configure the following: Static DHCP: Select Enabled and then click Apply. Name: Enter the desired name of your device. IP Address: Enter the IP address that you wish to make static.
- Click Add. The DVR info appears in the Static DHCP list.
How can I fix my CCTV camera without video?
What’s the fix?
- Double-check all power connections, power splitters, cable connectors to exclude connection issues.
- Switch ports to make sure the DVR/NVR port is providing power to the cameras.
- Connect the cameras directly to the NVR instead of via a PoE in case the PoE switch could be supplying insufficient power.
Why can’t I view my CCTV on 4G?
Either you haven’t configured your router properly or you are using the wrong IP address. To access the DVR from a different Network (for example 3G/ 4G or some distant Wifi’s), you need to use the Public IP address of the internet connection to which the DVR is connected (Your Internet Address).
How can I solve my CCTV problem?
10 Common CCTV Problems and How to Fix Them
- Verify camera power and connection.
- Discover and ping camera.
- Know username / password.
- Check ARP tables.
- Confirm no IP conflict.
- Upgrade firmware.
- Reboot camera.
- Check cabling.