- 1 Is XVIM a good security camera system?
- 2 What is XVIM?
- 3 What are the items required for CCTV camera installation?
- 4 How can I access my CCTV from outside?
- 5 How do I connect my surveillance camera to my Iphone?
- 6 What is XVI in CCTV?
- 7 How do I get my CCTV on my phone?
- 8 How do I reset my XVIM DVR?
- 9 How do I reset my DVR to factory settings?
- 10 Do you need a qualification to install CCTV?
- 11 Do I need a router for CCTV?
- 12 How can I install CCTV at home?
- 13 How can I watch CCTV cameras anywhere without Internet?
- 14 How can I watch CCTV over Internet?
- 15 How can I connect my CCTV camera to my wireless router?
Is XVIM a good security camera system?
5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended. Very Good Images – Easy Install / Plug It In And It’s Up and Running! Just upgraded my 5 year old XVIM system which has run flawlessly with this new 1080 XVIM system for an even better video feed and detail – both daytime and night vision – to monitor the front and back of my residence.
What is XVIM?
XVIM 8 channel 4-in-1 DVR which supports CVBS, HD-TVI, CVI,AHD Camera. It provides you the flexibility to extend additional security cameras. The XVIM DVR supports up to 8pcs 1080P or 720P cameras,so that you can add 4 more cameras to this Security system.
What are the items required for CCTV camera installation?
8 Point Checklist: All The Equipment You Need To Install Outdoor CCTV Camera System
- It is actually hidden.
- Cannot be a scare-crow.
- Extra care.
- Proper power supply.
- The perfect place.
- Camera mount.
- Video amplifiers and splitters.
- Cables, wires and connectors.
How can I access my CCTV from outside?
How to view your IP camera remotely via a web browser
- Find your camera’s IP address.
- Open a web browser and type the IP address.
- Go to SETTING > BASIC > Network > Information to find the HTTP port number used by the camera.
- After you change the port, you will need to reboot the camera in order to save the changes.
How do I connect my surveillance camera to my Iphone?
How to Connect Your Security Camera (s) to Your Phone
- Install our security camera mobile app on your device.
- Launch the surveillance app and add your security camera (s)
- Click the security camera (s) linked to your cell phone and enjoy live viewing.
What is XVI in CCTV?
XVI, also known as AXVI (Advanced XM Video Interface) is a coaxial transmission protocol; it’s the latest release developed by XM and is predicted to take serious market share. The core feature of XVI 2.1 is Coaxial Control: One coaxial cable can transfer video and command signal simultaneously.
How do I get my CCTV on my phone?
HOW TO CONNECT CCTV TO ANDROID OR IPhone?
- Step 1: CONNECT DVR TO MONITOR DIRECTLY.
- Step 2: CONFIGURE CCTV DVR SETTINGS.
- Step 3: NOW CONFIGURE WIFI ROUTER FOR DVR.
- Step 4: CONNECT DVR TO WIFI VIA LAN CABLE.
- Step 5: CHECK THE SETTINGS.
- Step 6: NOW CONNECT TO ANDROID PHONE.
How do I reset my XVIM DVR?
Start by disconnecting the power cord from the DVR. Open up the cover of the recorder and you’ll see the motherboard. Locate the battery (a sample is shown below) and remove it for at least 60 seconds. Then insert the battery ( the correct way), plug the power, and restart the DVR.
How do I reset my DVR to factory settings?
To factory reset the device, unplug the DVR from power. Once power is removed from the unit, press and hold the factory reset switch for 4 – 5 seconds, continue holding the reset switch and plug the DVR’s power supply back into the unit, you will hear a beep.
Do you need a qualification to install CCTV?
What do I need to do to become a security systems installer? You don’t need any specific qualifications to start as a trainee, although employers may expect you to have GCSEs (A-C), or similar qualifications, in English, maths and science, or a technical subject.
Do I need a router for CCTV?
You may not remotely access the IP cameras without routers. As we have mentioned above, you are able to watch local viewing from connected PCs or monitors. But if you want to access the security cameras remotely, you need to connect them to the Internet.
How can I install CCTV at home?
How to install a CCTV camera and DVR in 6 simple steps
- Mounting the camera. Place the camera unit at the desired place, make guide marks for drilling.
- Placing the DVR. DVR of the CCTV is the place where the surveillance hard disk is present.
- Managing the cables. Image Credits: cabletiesandmore.com.
- Power on the system.
How can I watch CCTV cameras anywhere without Internet?
When you have no internet, you can buy the whole Wireless Camera System Kit. This includes NVR ( Network Video Recorder) and Wi-Fi Surveillance Cams. Such kits give you 24/7 surveillance and video recording without the internet. There’s power on the NVR and Camera.
How can I watch CCTV over Internet?
Security Camera Live Feed via Web Browser Open a browser of your choice and type in the IP address. Enter login information. Find the HTTP port number used by the cameras and change the port number. Reboot the security camera so you can save the changes.
How can I connect my CCTV camera to my wireless router?
How to use Wireless Security Cameras with a WiFi Router
- Step 1: Determine the WiFi strength of your wireless network.
- Step 2: Power and Configure the Wireless Security Camera for your Network.
- Step 3: Access the IP Camera’s Web Interface.
- Step 4: Configuring the WiFi Address.
- Step 5: Connect to Your Wireless Router.